When you were young, did you ever play outside and enjoy nature without noticing the time passing?
Going to a recreational forest in Japan can take you back to those days - the cherry blossom in spring, the fresh greenery in summer, the changing leaves in autumn, and the snowfields in winter.
Post your pictures on Instagram from Monday, April 1, 2019 to Friday, January 31, 2020
This website will be closed on February 29, 2020. Please see here for details on the Rekumori Photography contest.
Fascinating photos of Hachimantai’s Recreation Forests
Hachimantai City and the Iwate Northern Forest Management Office will hold this photo contest collecting photos of attractive scenery around Hachimantai city, including “Recreation Forests”on Instagram. The purpose of this photo contest is to promote Hachimantai area by introducing and awarding photos on Instagram. We are excited to receive a lot of entries from you.
※What are “Recreation Forests of Japan”?
Forests with beautiful scenery and places suitable for outdoor activities are called “Recreation Forests of Japan”. They are used for activities such as camping, skiing, and enjoying hot springs.
Anyone can enter - professionals or amateurs.
※ However, children under the age of 13 cannot apply. Application period
Monday, 1st April, 2019-Friday, 31st January 2020
• Photos for this contest are limited to the original works and unreleased works of the applicant.
• hotos for this contest should be taken after November 2018. (Black and white photos will not be accepted) In addition, composite photos, combined photos and composite processing are not allowed.
• “Recreation Forests” in Hachimantai City, Iwate Prefecture should be included in photos.
• For the photo shooting areas included in “Recreation Forests” in Hachimantai, please check “photo shooting areas”
Make an Instagram account
Follow @rekumori_photoand post the photo you took with #rekumori
Describe the shooting location in the post text or hashtag
• Photos will be strictly evaluated
• The evaluation period is from February 3rd to February 14th, 2020 Awards
• One grand prize, three outstanding performance awards, and one special prize
• The results will be sent to the award winners and 50 applicants with excellent works directly through Instagram from our official account on February 17th or 18th
• In addition to the prize-winning photos, 50 excellent photos will be displayed in "Yuino-hiroba" lounge in Hachimantai City Hall.
• Use original materials or copyright-free materials.
• All entries must be taken by applicants and they should own all of their copyrights.
• Please be careful not to violate third party copyrights, portrait rights and one’s privacy. If the organizer finds out that the right has been violated, the entry will be disqualified.In addition, the applicant must guarantee that he / she does not infringe the third party's copyright, portrait right, privacy, etc. In case of any claims arising out of the infringement, the applicant is responsible for all of them.
• Works that violate public order, morals and social ethics (with content in conflict with laws, government ordinances, regulations, content that infringes the honor of individuals and groups, or privacy) are not subject to examination.
• All expenses for the production and application of works must be paid by applicants.
• The copyright of the submitted works will belong to applicants. However, the applicants must approve free use and secondary use of the photographs on all media or websites including ones related with Hachimantai City Hall or Recreation Forests of Japan.
• When the entry is submitted to the organizer, it is considered that all items listed in the application guidelines (including notes, application standards and handling) have been accepted by the applicants.
• This contest is not sponsored, supported or run by Instagram.
• Based on the rules of Instagram, no one under 13 can apply. If it turns out that some applicants are under 13 years old, they will be disqualified.
• Entries outside of the application period will be invalid.
• If you set your Instagram account as private during the application period, or delete the photo, the application will be invalid.
• Instagram story videos, combined photos, and photos that have undergone significant processing (e.g. letter insertion or processing that does not indicate the original version at the time of shooting) are not eligible for examination.
• Please note that the content of this contest may be changed or canceled without notice. In this case, we will not be liable to any individual or corporation for any change or cancellation of this contest.
• Please note that the prize will be void if there is no reply within one week after sending an Instagram direct message from our official account.
• This contest is not sponsored, supported or operated by Instagram and has nothing to do with Instagram.
• Instagram is a trademark of Instagram, LLC in the US and other countries.
• When this contest is held, we will obtain the applicant's personal information via Instagram or email. We will use the collected personal information only for confirmation of application qualification, confirmation of award, shipping of award products and response to various inquiries.
Hosted by Hachimantai City Forestry Agency, Tohoku Regional Forest Office, Iwate Hokubu District Forest Office
Co-sponsored by "Hachimantai area general forest recreation area management administration board
Sponsorship by Tohoku Regional Forest Office
IWATE HOTEL & RESORT Co., Ltd
Hachimantai Resort Co., Ltd
Hachimantai Industrial Promotion Co., Ltd
Matsukawa Onsen "Syohuso"
Matsukawa Onsen "Kyounso"
Matsukawa Onsen "Matsukawaso"